Sometimes things just get too much. It may be that everything you feel is intense. We all get angry and sad but how intense and how often? And is it impairing your ability to function? Feeling overcome with anger or sadness on a regular basis could indicate an underlying issue. Do you also have a habit of catastrophising, immediately assume the worst case scenario will take place?
Have you suffered a trauma and cant stop thinking about it? The pain of a death in the family, a breakup or change in life circumstance like losing a job can be devastating impair daily functioning, sometimes causing us to withdraw from friends and family, even those closest to us.
Individual therapy can give you the space that is safe, non judgemental and totally confidential to explore the issues and help you identify the underlying issue.
Issues that we can talk about include
· Depression (including issues around loss)
· Anxiety issues (phobias, panic attacks and other anxiety related issues)
· Relationship issues
· Stress Management
· Anger / conflict management
· Post traumatic stress.
· Behavioural problems
· Self-destructive (or destructive) behavioural or thinking patterns
· Additions including sex addiction, online pornography addiction, internet addiction.